<$BlogRSDUrl$>

4.18.2004

Student newspapers denied access to presidential visit 

Iowa State Daily:

Three student newspapers were not allowed to cover President Bush's visit to Des Moines on Thursday.

The Iowa State Daily; the Daily Iowan, the student newspaper at the University of Iowa; and the DMACC Chronicle, the student newspaper of the Ankeny campus of Des Moines Area Community College, were all left off the approved list to cover the presidential visit...
Article from the Des Moines Register here, too, which I found through a broadcast Kerry campaign e-mail.

If the White House has concerns about fairness and bias (which I'm just speculating, I have no idea whether they do or not), then they should talk with the paper about it. I'm sure it'll be appreciated, and preferred to a brush-off.

I forget how I got on the Kerry e-mail list. It may just be for campaign reporters, since I've started getting press stuff (as well as from the DNC Press), most recently about the college students poll.

Last Wednesday, they damn near killed my Yahoo account when they sent an mp3 of the conference call Kerry had with college papers (didn't have the time, so I didn't get the chance to do it, and not sure if I would've, either). I was greeted with the red bar telling me I was 115% over my storage limit.

I await the days of GMail...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?