<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.08.2004

I want my space age flying car, dammit 

Sebastian Meyer, a columnist for the Universty of South Florida's Oracle writes:

"I turned 25 yesterday. A quarter century. I have to admit that when I woke up in the morning I felt a bit let down that cars still don't fly, but, all in all I am pretty impressed by what human kind has achieved in some areas during my lifetime. Of course, other areas still require some work..."

Zach Lee, of UHouston's Daily Cougar, takes the same tack, saying:

"The National Aeronautics and Space Administration's robotic explorer, Spirit, landed Sunday, and the craft beamed 3-D images back to Earth on Monday. Mission controllers in Pasadena, Calif., put themselves on Mars time, dedicating an extra 40 minutes a day to work and blocking out their windows for the 90-day mission.

Who's impressed?

No one should be..."

SEE ALSO: Tanisha Keshava, for the Dartmouth, argues for better security on trains, specifically noting her experiences on Amtrak during code orange.

The Alligator's Karen Harmel writes a letter to President Bush.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?