<$BlogRSDUrl$>

1.09.2004

Columnist Round-Up: Kucinich Supporters Strike Back, French Law 'Affront To Religious Liberty' 

A columnist for the University of Oregon's Daily Emerald spent last semester poking fun at guys like Tom DeLay, Pat Robertson (millionaire broadcaster who can apparently hear a God who can't do electoral math), and Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

"Judging from the number of responses, I figured no more than a handful of people outside of my family and the Emerald editorial staff was actually reading my columns in their entirety," he writes. "But then I made a wise crack about Dennis Kucinich and I realized just how wrong I was. Suddenly, angry e-letters came pouring into my inbox from across cyberspace."

An FSView columnist at Florida State believes the French law banning headscarves is "an affront to religious liberty."

The staff of the Central Florida Future respond to critics' claims of "over-coverage" of issues such as gay discrimination, anti-war protests and the Patriot Act.

The Duke Chronicle approves of the Bush immigration plan; The Daily Mississippian, not so much, calling it "counterproductive."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?