<$BlogRSDUrl$>

10.27.2003

Hampton U. dispute resolved 

"[Hampton U. Acting President JoAnn] Haysbert, reached Friday, was asked if it had been a mistake to pull the papers.

'I would say I learned a lot," was her reply. "And I hope that my students have as well.'..."

[via romenesko]

MORE: Comments Eugene Volokh of the Volokh Conspiracy: "It's possible that, as a matter of property law, the university still owned the papers, and was thus just disposing of its own property -- it all depends on the legal relationship between the university and the newspaper.

But in any event, this surely isn't a good way for the university to foster a climate of intellectual freedom or healthy debate, both things that I think are necessary for a university, and the university's students, to prosper."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?